Dignity Through Housing
JOSHCO’s mandate from the City of Johannesburg is very specific. In terms of a resolution passed in March 2004, JOSHCO was “appointed as the preferred implementing agent for social and institutional housing developments in the City of Johannesburg and to:
- Manage all Council owned rental stock.
- Manage and refurbish staff and public hostels.
- Develop new rental stock and to implement other mutually agreed housing developments.
- Provide housing management services and turn-around strategies where necessary”.
“To provide a quality, affordable and sustainable social housing product, JOSHCO will:
- Manage existing rental housing stock.
- Convert and manage hostels.
- Refurbish and manage Inner City ‘bad’ buildings.
- Develop and manage new social housing products.Delivery is facilitated by a skilled and motivated team to ensure best practise and customer satisfaction.”
“A World-Class Social Housing Provider of Choice.”